Wood Memorial Library served as one of two public libraries for the town of South
Windsor when it opened in 1928. In the early 1970's the town closed
the two libraries and opened one larger facility on Sullivan Avenue. In 1971 a
grass roots effort to keep the Wood Memorial Library open culminated with the
incorporation of the Friends of Wood Memorial Library. As a privately funded public
library the Wood continues to provide exceptional programming and collection access
to the community.
Today the Library operates with a part-time staff
of three and over 120 volunteers. The "Friends" make it possible to offer a full
calendar of events and programs such as the:
Young Artist Series
Annual Golf Scramble
Ann Masi Memorial Children's Program
Family Fun Day Events
School Field Trips
also support the Library with financial contributions to the annual Fund at a
variety of levels.
Please join us as a Friend of Wood Memorial Library.
Your time, expertise or financial support will be welcome as we continue to fulfill
provide literary, historical, educational and cultural resources
the general public".